VonBlogBath

Gaming & stuff...

Thursday 18 April 2013

Skaven Blood Bowl Team: finished (kind of...)

Done.

:)

I finished my first bunch of Skaven, i.e. my starting team. I probably won't actually field all of them at once, needing to spend some pennies on reroll/fan-factor, but it's good to have options. I may regret not investing in a rat ogre though, as apparently +Lindsay Law will have an ogre tomorrow. Eek!

Anyhoo, back to the rats: namely my final 4 linerats:

I coulda been somebody, I coulda been a gutter runner!
This one is probably my favourite. I love the hood, and the humps sticking through holes, as if he's mutated and burst through it, hulk like. :)

Linerat #12
 This one's pretty standard, nothing exciting to note on him, except that I decided to skip #13. I figured, as it's the Horned Rat's sacred number, I'd leave that space on the roster empty (or save it for a star player... ;) ).

#14 & #15 - slaves
 A number of the Skaven models have chains and collars on, fitting the race's use of slaves. I quite like the idea of some of the Skaven team being "professionals", in it for the warp tokens, and others being slaves, owned by the manager. Very gladiatorial.

But I was left with a problem with these two: they're topless. I could put their numbers on their loincloths, but all the rest are on back or head coverings. What to do, what to do...

I know! Brand 'em!

HISS...Squeak squeak!
Ouchy. Now, I'm not actually very happy with how the "branding" worked out. I tried to replicate images of branded cattle I found online (charred round the edges, slightly lighter skin tone in the middle), but it didn't quite work, and I may well revisit later.

The Marienburg Stealers
And here they are in all their glory. The Marienburg Stealers. Overall, I'm quite happy with them, considering they're so hastily converted and painted.

Now, to see how they fair on the field...

VBB

No comments:

Post a Comment